Sunday, June 21, 2009

Seven Sided Table

This table I made back in my homeland before coming here to Canada in 2006. The seven triangles that make the top were jigsawed separately before gluing them together. There is a total of 161 holes, 23 on each of the seven slices. It is made of a tree called "Saman". Samanea saman, in english is Rain Tree, also called Monkey pod in Hawaii.
The legs I made by cutting out a half a circle out of a 1 inch plank and reinforced it at the top and the bottom by attaching another inch wide piece on either side. The seven legs are connected to two central stars.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Your design ideas and woodworking skills are on a level I hope to achieve someday. This table is beautiful. I'm honored that I got to see a few of your projects while i was in Robert's Creek. I hope you've found a market for your art Juan.

Hello to Beatriz and ChiChi!!